Welcome to this course about SQL Server Integration Services.
In this course you'll be downloading and installing the latest 2016 SQL Server Developer – a full version for free, so that you can use it on your machine. And previous versions of SQL Server Developer have previously retailed for around $100, and now it’s free.
So what is SSIS? It’s a way to automate in the importing and exporting and data – or ETL: extract, transform and load. It’s a very visual part of SSIS, using tasks, components and flowcharts, so it’s easy to learn the basics of it.
We’ll start by extracting some data, and then loading it into another table. I’ll take nice as slow as we start to introduce transformations, such as aggregation, conditional split, merging and auditing. There’ll be plenty of practice activities too, so you can get to practice your new-found skills. And if you are doing Microsoft certificates, it can help towards your 70-463 certification as well.
By the end of this course, you'll be confident in using the main Data Flow components and Control Flow tasks, and would be able to use it in your own work.
- You should take this course if you are not experienced in SSIS, or if you want to know what it is for.
- SSIS is good for automating certain processes, and is very visible.
- It is great for beginners, and good if you have had a little prior experience.
- As it is going through the basics, it is not useful if you commonly use SSIS.
- It can help towards your 70-463 certification.